What’s Trending For Kid’s Room?
A trendy parent knows what’s hot, and what’s not, in fashion and form. You might have a good grip on what they should wear, but what about the décor of your kids’ room? No worries; here’s what’s trending right now.
- Metallic. It’s all around and it’s here to stay; for the time being, anyway. Metallic colours like rose gold, bronze, and copper are shining up all over kid’s décor around the world. Think about metal accents on dressers and bedheads, or glittery scatter cushions.
- Geo Flair. Geometric patterns are trending for kids in all shapes and sizes. Some of this is due to the resurgence of all things 1980s’, but if it’s a classic shape, it’s hot. Examples are shelving systems with hexagon cutouts, or teepee tents adorned with inverted triangles.
- Neutral Scandinavian. Even your little ones can hygge at home with the warmth of a neutral palette. It’s all about the simplicity and style that come from natural whitewashed tones mixed with pale blush and stone accents.
- 1950s Glam. Yes, believe it or not, the glamorous curves and design of the 50s can be found in the rooms of kids everywhere. It’s a throwback to old Hollywood with a modernistic flair. Vintage tables, wooden dressers, and curved chairs in mod colours can make it happen.
- Abstract. Black and white are big right now and when combined together in stripes or polka-dots, it’s just what the experts ordered. Free form patterns and the look of a hand-drawn design make a cushion or a throw look casual-with-a-purpose.
Last but not least, never underestimate the power of the unicorn. Get it where you can; from clothing to coverlets, tapestries to toys, and girls to boys. After all, who doesn’t love the magical quality that unicorns bring to the table?